He's Home!


Fun with baby
So Zach was home these past 10 days and we had the best time! I knew this would be my favorite visit because Brooks and Zach can interact so much more now. It was so precious to see their father-son bond blooming. I can't imagine how Zach feels being stuck in North Carolina and having to simply rely on my pitiful explanations of the things Brooks is doing. Obviously my words cannot do justice to Brooks's capabilities so it was indescribable to have Zach home to witness them first hand. Luckily, Zach go to see a "first"
Brooks can clap!

Pool!
I was excited to have Zach play with him in the pool. If you've ever been swimming with Brooks, you understand how much he enjoys the pool, so I couldn't wait to show Zach.


Check out this awesome pool! And it's right down the street. Brooks was slightly afraid of the waterfalls but this time next year he'll be a madman in there!


Park and Zoo!




Before/After

Babysitter Time!
Thanks to Auntie Corinne and Grandpa Bob (I'm forcing Brooks to call him Pops because it's cool) Zach and I got to enjoy some time together at a friend's wedding and at a friends cookout.

We had so much fun at the wedding which was truly beautiful. My roommate from last year married her boyfriend of forever here in Columbus. We danced the night away, enjoyed good company, and took far too many photos in the photo booth (there was even props!) Afterward, we met some more friends who were in town for Maggie's bridal shower.



Zach and I AGAIN got to spend time with friends at a cookout back home in Centerville. It was sooo stinking hot that Friday so pictures were kept to a minimum due to disgustingness. All I wanted to do that night was play beer pong and flip cup since I hadn't in years...and we did! So it was a major success, I only wish I had been a better player! ANNNDDDD, Grandpa Bob (Pops) let us sleep in the next day which was crucial because Zach and I are old and can't drink like the rest of you guys anymore!

We also had the chance to visit with my momma and Zach's mom while we were home. We plopped Brooks on Aunt Ann's old pony (that she called Pizza Pony ha) for a photo opp and he loved it!


Unfortunately I didn't take any pics with my mom or many with Bob, but here's a pic that kills two birds with one stone. This is Brooks playing with Pops, and checkout that nice quilt! My talented momma made that in just a day or two. Her first quilt of many!!!! B loves it and so do I!

So as you can see, The Carman family had a fantastic week. We looooved having Dad home. It was crazy because if you know Brooks at all, you know he is the most perfect baby alive. But believe or not, he was even more perfect when Zach was home. He slept even longer through the night (7-7) and took 2 solid naps during the day. He was the happiest he could be, and just 'went with the flow.' That said, we cannot wait until he is home for good!
All done! But we're going to the Ohio State Fair this weekend and I'll post again soon! Have a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment