Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Busy Weekend

NOT Pink Eye!
Hey guys! I don't have pink eye! Good news is baby does not have an incurable case of pink eye. He actually has a blocked tear duct says the ophthalmologist. So in about a week he is getting a little procedure done to fix it. Hopefully no more goupy-eye! Keep baby in your thoughts though, he is not going to be a happy camper that day (next Friday).
Photobucket

Pool Day
We had an impromptu pool day on Saturday before we headed to my parents house for the night.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
After enjoying the sun, B was worn out. He relaxed with uncle Ryan before we hit the road. And as soon as he was in his carseat, he was fast asleep!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Happy 80th Grandpa!
Photobucket
Sunday we were up with the sun and headed to Frankfort, Kentucky to celebrate my Grandpa's 80th birthday. Doesn't he look great for 80? Insane!
Photobucket
Mark(uncle), Grandpa, and Momma
Photobucket
The whole fam
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Yes, Corinne is of a different race
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

It was so good to see everyone and celebrate such an important day in my Grandpa's life! He had a special tribute at his church and people could not stop talking about what an amazing man my Grandpa is and how he has helped so many people. I teared up just thinking about the community that he has built down there and the unbelievable things that he has accomplished in 80 short years. I felt inspired to build a community of my own in Columbus. I'd love to join a church, or volunteer group, or club and start to make my mark like my grandpa has.

Brooks did so well on the road too! I'm super lucky to have such a well behaved baby and super scared for what baby #2 could bring. Brooks did end up getting a little cranky just as we were about 30 minutes outside of Columbus, but it was past his dinner time so it was valid. Ryan was in the back seat with him trying to help him out. He ended up giving him some snacks and this is what happened under Ryan's watch:
Photobucket

Evening stroll...
We went on a little walk yesterday and I knew we'd only be gown for less than 30 minutes so I didn't bring my camera. Ughh...worst decision ever. There was the cutest duck family near the pond. I tried to take some pics with my phone.
Photobucket
Photobucket
She had three little baby ducklings. Two of which stayed close to her and one little daredevil wanted to hang out with Brooks and I. It was weird, I felt like I could see exactly what the momma duck was thinking. I could see her counting 1-2-3 every once in awhile; just checking to make sure she had all her babies. It's a scary would out there!!!

That's the end of the super long post. Zach comes home on Thursday so I'd better get this house picked up! Enjoy the rest of your week, it's already almost Wednesday!

1 comment: