I flew into Jacksonville, North Carolina and Zach and I made the trip together to Kiawah Island, SC (about a 5-6 hour drive).




We stayed 2 nights in a scenic villa in Kiawah. The first night we just went to the beach and spent time together and the second night we went to a BBQ restaurant on a golf course. In the little pond we saw probably 3 or 4 big sized alligators and two little baby ones. I didn't get a great picture but you can kind of see them in the distance.





Before the vacation was over, we stayed ANOTHER night in Charleston. I'm obsessed with Charleston, it's so beautiful. And Zach likes it because of the history. Last year we went on a rated R ghost walk through Charleston that was pretty funny, but this year we just walked the streets together. We went to the straw markets of course, and a couple different restaurants. We went to the hotel pool, and a few bars. It was so weird to feel like we had no responsibilities. I was on a break from school and we had no baby to take care of.







Zach got this nasty meal in Charleston that was like a pot that you would find at the end of a rainbow filled with soup and seafood instead of gold. There were so many different types of seafood all still in the shells floating in there. He even had a toolbox of things to crack open all his food, I was disgusted. And he eventually became grossed out too, especially after half the food ended up in his lap. He put in so much work to get such small amounts of food, exactly why I do not like seafood...plus it tastes bad! But I actually tried some, that was a big step for me!




Boy did I miss my baby though. He's a man on the move these days. He can climb stairs, pull himself up on the couch, crib, or table, and walk around the room as long as he's holding onto something stable. I just put up some baby gates so he's somewhat tamed, but he does let them ruin his fun!




We're going to try to go to ComFest (Community Festival) this weekend in Columbus. We'll see what we can get into and I'll be sure to bring the camera! Enjoy your weekend.

Love this! Looks like you guys had a great time and I can't believe the little man is standing, ahhh!
ReplyDelete