Monday, October 17, 2011

"New" old experiences

B and I visited the zoo last Friday. It was the perfect day to go because it was a little chilly in the morning, so most people stayed home. This was the least crowded I have ever seen the zoo and we loooved it!

It was so unreal to see how Brooks could experience the zoo in a completely different way. We have been like what...8 times already? But this time was different. He could pick things up, feel their textures, actually follow my pointed finger to see an animal, and most importantly, he could walk!!!

Photobucket

He wanted nothing to do with the stroller. And although he has mastered walking, he unfortunately has not mastered "follow mommy!" So needless to say I got a good workout chasing after the madman!

Photobucket
kid would NOT part with his leaf!
Photobucket

I think Brooks enjoys people watching a little more than he does actually seeing the animals. He would just walk right up to families, stand one foot away, and stare. I had to physically go get him and take him to see something else. I have no proof of this because the only thing more weird than a creepy kid, is a mom taking pictures of her creepy kid. So I resulted to only taking pics of him looking at animals!

Photobucket

This kid is quite the explorer. And so independent. He has no problem wandering around by himself. He's so curious and inquisitive, he investigated anything he could get his hands on.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This boy also loves music. We took a break to have a snack and watch the carousel, and as soon as the music started, he was up bouncing and clapping! Also, if you have not seen his youtube video, LOOK IT UP (TheCarmanbaby)!

Photobucket

Each visit is just going to get better and better. Before I know it, he'll be attempting to make the sounds the animals do. Then he'll know the animals by name. And then he'll go to college! AHHHH it's all going by so fast! I never want these days to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment